6 Amazing Ideas for Decluttering Your Mind, Body and Soul | A Holistic Approach To Spring Cleaning
Warmer weather and nature coming back to life awakens something in us too. A lot of us start preparing for spring cleaning our home, making little checklists and what not. We jump to organizing our closets, detailed home cleaning, etc. What if this year we did it differently? Last 12 months have been somewhat different, the pandemic and several lockdowns put us in situations most of us were not prepared for. So after such a strange year, why not approach decluttering and cleaning in a different way too? Instead of just reorganizing the closet, getting rid of the stuff we don’t need, how about we do the same for ourselves, our mind, body, and soul? How about we get rid of what our body doesn’t need, reorganize the content that our mind is subject to, and freshen up our soul? Most of us feel at least a bit better after a little bit of home reorganizing, imagine how we could feel if we did it more holistically? What could be all the wonderful benefits of decluttering your life, reducing the everyday stress, and clearing your mind?
If at this point what I’m saying makes absolutely no sense to you, don’t worry. Here is a list of what can be done to spring clean and declutter your mind, body, and soul (a full on holistic approach). This does not mean you either try everything or nothing at all – check it out and be the judge of what works for you and what doesn’t – that’s the whole point anyways 🙂
6 Ways To Declutter Your Life
How to clear your mind
Positive effects of clearing your mind are numerous. I already talked a lot about how mindfulness meditation can be a great tool in clearing your mind and making you more present. Whether you wish to clear your mind for work, to study, and for better sleep, these tips can help you achieve that.
1. Social media. Examine the content you are exposing yourself to. Unfollow those who bring you down, make you feel bad about yourself. Bring more positivity and healthy messages to your social media feed. Free your mind of unnecessary noise and reorganize the content it is exposed to so it supports your mental well-being in a healthy way.
2. Time away from phone. How many times a day do you reach for your phone, open some app, then later you don’t even remember what it was? All that is just additional noise for your mind. Throughout the day, set a couple of ‘focus’ time periods, where you’ll work, read, or something else you want your full focus on, moving your phone and any other distractions away from you – disconnect so you can reconnect with the work you wish to focus on.
Cleanse your body
3. Nourishing foods. Introduce to your diet more whole foods that fuel, not drain your body and energy. It doesn’t have to be anything extreme and it shouldn’t be forced, just bring more awareness to what you are bringing into your body – the food you eat affects the way you feel, how much energy you have, your sleep, etc. Without any special diets, you can enhance your body’s natural detoxification system, find out here 9 simple ways to rejuvenate your body’s detoxification system.
4. Detoxifying rituals. Teas, essential oils, bath tubs,… It’s your pick! Whichever it is, enjoy while you nourish your body (and soul). Although everyday habits like getting enough sleep, drinking water, eating whole foods, etc. are what really matters, pampering ourselves with these detoxifying rituals can enhance what we’re already doing for the body, and ground us even more. So why not enjoy diffusing some essential oils while relaxing in a warm bubble bath?
How to declutter your soul and nourish your spiritual life
5. Be kind to yourself. Soul detox starts with the way you treat yourself. Cleansing of the soul will be a hard task if you will yourself up with negative talk daily. The first step to declutter your soul is to be aware of how you talk to yourself. Notice the tone, the words you use. When you detect negativity, with pure self-compassion shift your mindset to being kind to yourself. Even to the part that was mean. There is no point other than to love yourself completely and fully. You can even hug yourself – just wrap your arms around you. Show yourself the love and compassion which you give to the others you love.
6. Nature time. The entire nature is slowly waking up, coming to life. Enjoy that process first hand! Take that energy back with you, let it be the fuel for your soul. Enjoy a walk in the park, have a picnic, ride your bike. Whatever you prefer, just take in that amazing fresh energy.
Which ones would you choose? What would you also add to the list? Let me know!
If you enjoyed this read, go check out the essential guide to practice self-care every day I made for you! Also, don’t forget to subscribe with your email to stay in touch and get the latest!